How would I go around moving a project from RakNet?

Supporttopics regarding SLikeNet
BenHands
Baby-Member

How would I go around moving a project from RakNet?

Post by BenHands »

Hello,

I've got an project that uses RakNet and have spoken to yourselves previously by email. I still wish to go ahead with this project, however I'm finding this confusing just myself and the code being not completely stable with the state it was left in.

My question is, how would I go around changing the project from using RakNet to your own take of this software?

Thanks,
Ben.
Luke1410
Site Admin

Re: How would I go around moving a project from RakNet?

Post by Luke1410 »

Hi Ben and welcome to the Forum,

do you have a GitHub project set up already? If so, I can quickly add a pull request upgrading the project to SLikeNet for you.

To migrate an existing project, see chapter 3.4.1 in the readme file.
The easiest way to migrate to SLikeNet would be to point the include directory of your project to the SLikeNet include directory and use one of the provided prebuilt libraries to link against. To get things started even faster, I'd go with using the RakNet compatibility mode (i.e. use one of the RakNet-combatibility-mode libs and define RAKNET_COMPATIBILITY in defineoverrides.h (note that the current readme.txt file incorrectly states to put this in NativeFeatureIncludesOverrides.h while it really has to go into defineoverrides.h instead)).

Regards,
Luke1410
BenHands
Baby-Member

Post by BenHands »

Hello Luke,

Here's a link to my own personal repo for the code I'm wishing to move to your software.
https://github.com/BenHandsley/ETS2MP-Remake

Thanks,
Ben.
BenHands
Baby-Member

Post by BenHands »

Upon looking into this myself, each time I try what your Readme document states, and with your correction implemented into your reply, it states it's looking for RakPeerInterface.h with the folders changed.
Luke1410
Site Admin

Post by Luke1410 »

I've added several pull requests to clean up a few things in the project and migrate it to SLikeNet. Does that solve the issue for you?
sindyciaray

Post by sindyciaray »

It states it's looking for RakPeerInterface.h with the folders changed.